Saturday, October 2, 2010

Joyce's House on the Hill





We arrived at a friends house around 6:00 the second day; exhausted, smelly, numb-assed, and starving. I connected with Joyce thru a group of women here in Ajijic who stay in touch thru a yahoo group. I agreed to bring down a bunch of new sheets and towels Joyce had ordered and she let us stay in her house for a few day; worked out great for me.


Joyce is typical of most American retired women who find their way to this community; financially secure but not wealthy, indpendent minded, adventureous, and love to help other American women find their way around down here. She rents this spectacular house on a steep hill overlooking Lake Chapala. It had 2 nice size bedrooms upstairs and a huge master suite downstairs with 2 walls made entirely out of glass. Since Julie has cats and because Joyce has 4 dogs plus my little Boston, she thought it safer for Julie to stay downstairs. Although my room was darling and comfortable - I really would have liked to watch the sunrise from my bed in the mornings like Julie and her cats.

To get to the house - you have to descend down these really steep steps - a couple of trips up and down with a numb ass - was all I could take for the first night.

The next day, Joyce brought me out to meet my new landlady and see my home for the next two months. It is adorable - a little outside the village but quite and secure. It is on a large walled estate with a pool, beautiful flowers, a yard for my dog, and a little patio to drink my coffee in the mornings.






No comments:

Post a Comment