Thursday, July 8, 2010

Starting the Countdown

It is about 2 months before I plan on leaving for Mexico and my plan so far is

1. Retire the first week of September
2. Leave for Mexico a few weeks later

Not much of a plan I grant you, but I've never been know for my detailed planning skills. Not that I don't try - believe me - it takes a lot of work to be this disorganized and live in chaos.

My ultimate goal is Ajijic in Central Mexico - it is about a 2-day drive from Austin - you can't drive at night in Mexico - well you can if you want to dodge cattle sleeping on the highway and local drivers who turn off their headlights to conserve their battery (WTF).

Why Ajijic you ask?? Well it is beautiful there, on the shores of Lake Chapala, very laid back, lots of ex-Pat's, you don't need to speak Spanish, and there are tons of single women about my age to hang out with - instant friends.

Okay - enough with the planning - I'm getting a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment